Date of last revision: December 8, 2010.
Content. AutismHWY.com (“AutismHWY”) does not provide medical advice. The contents of this website, such as text, graphics, images, information obtained from sponsors, advertisers, licensors, and other material (collectively the "Content") are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
No information from children under age 13. If you are under age 13, please do not attempt to register for AutismHWY or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13, please contact us.
Parental Participation. We strongly recommend that minors 13 years of age or older ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet and we encourage parents to teach their children about safe internet use practices.
2. Information you provide to us:
Information About Yourself. When you sign up for AutismHWY you provide us with your name, email, gender, location, and birth date. During the registration process, you will also be able to add a picture of yourself. In some cases we may ask for additional information for security reasons or to provide specific services to you. Once you register you can provide other information about yourself.
3. Information we collect when you interact with AutismHWY:
Site activity information. We keep track of the information you provide to us upon registration, such as your email address, for purposes of sending emails, authenticating user accounts, etc. We may collect personal information if your provide it in comments, post it in our interactive forums, or if you contact us directly. Please do not post any personal information on AutismHWY’s forums that you expect to keep private.
Access Device and Browser Information. When you access AutismHWY from a computer, mobile phone, or other device, we may collect information from that device about your browser type, location, and IP address, as well as the pages you visit.
Cookie Information. We use "cookies" (small pieces of data we store for an extended period of time on your computer, mobile phone, or other device) to make AutismHWY easier to use, to make our advertising better, and to protect both you and AutismHWY. You can remove or block cookies using the settings in your browser, but in some cases that may impact your ability to use AutismHWY.
4. Information we receive from third parties:
AutismHWY Platform. We do not own or operate the applications or websites that you use through AutismHWY Platform (such as games).
Information from other websites. We may institute programs with advertising partners and other websites in which they share information with us.
5. Sharing information on AutismHWY. You should always consider your privacy settings before sharing information on AutismHWY.
Name and Profile Picture. Once registered with AutismHWY, a user may search for any user’s profile name. If you are uncomfortable with sharing your profile picture, you should delete it (or not add one). A user can control who can view his or her entire profile.
Contact Information. Your email address cannot be viewed by any user. Only AutismHWY administrators can see your email address.
Personal Information. Your settings control who can see your profile. A user may allow everyone to view his or her profile or only his or her approved friends.
Gender and Birth Date. In addition to name and email address, we require you to provide your gender and birth date during the registration process. We ask for your date of birth to verify that you are 13 or older, and so that we can better limit your access to content and advertisements that are not age appropriate. Because your date of birth and gender are required, you cannot delete them.
Minors. We reserve the right to add special protections for minors (such as to provide them with an age-appropriate experience) and place restrictions on the ability of adults to share and connect with minors, recognizing this may provide minors a more limited experience on AutismHWY.
6. How We Use Your Information. We use the information we collect to manage the service, to provide you with customer support, to prevent potentially illegal activities, to contact you, and to help others find you. We also use a variety of technological systems to detect and address anomalous activity and screen content to prevent abuse such as spam. These efforts may on occasion result in a temporary or permanent suspension or termination of some functions for some users.
7. How We Share Information. AutismHWY provides you with privacy settings that you can use to restrict other users from accessing some of your information. We share your information with third parties when we believe the sharing is permitted by you, reasonably necessary to offer our services, or when legally required to do so. For example: when you invite someone to join AutismHWY, when you choose to share your information with marketers, to help others find you, to give search engines access to publicly available information, to help improve or advertise AutismHWY, to respond to legal requests and prevent harm, or to transfer your information in the event of sale or change of control.
8. How You Can Change or Remove Information. You may change or remove your profile information at any time by going to your profile page and clicking “Update Profile.” Information will be updated immediately.
9. Deleting your account. If you want to stop using your account, you may delete it. When you delete an account, all of the user’s information will be permanently deleted from AutismHWY.
10. How We Protect Information. We do our best to keep your information secure, however we cannot guarantee complete security. Although we allow you to set privacy options that limit access to your information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you share your information
Steps we take to keep your information secure. We keep your account information on a virtually private server behind a firewall.
11. Report Violations. You should report any security violations to us by emailing email@example.com.
12. Other Terms
Consent to Collection and Processing in the United States. By using AutismHWY, you consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
Defined Terms. "Us," "we," "our," "Platform" and "AutismHWY" refer to “AustismHWY.”